Progetti in evidenza
Fondazione Veronesi(Link esterno)
Fondo Europeo Pesca(554 visite)
MFAG Grant(1068 visite)
"Excellence in research is based on excellence in animal welfare and health"
PRECLINICAL IMAGING FACILITY
Preclinical imaging has become a powerful tool in biomedical research, allowing the non-invasive detection of biomarkers of disease. It enables the collection of anatomical, functional and dynamic imaging data from living experimental animals, including genetically modified models.
Preclinical imaging approaches provide the unique opportunity to perform longitudinal studies of the same animal, minimizing experimental variability and number of animals per study, refining preclinical research procedures in agreement with the 3Rs principles. Moreover, imaging represents a valuable translational tool between preclinical research and clinical trials.
The facility for preclinical imaging at CEINGE hosts diagnostic equipments for structural and functional imaging in small rodents and morphofunctional characterization of animal models of human diseases, to bridge the gap between in vitro biomedical research and in vivo molecular research programs (development and testing of novel molecular probes).
The facility is equipped with:
1. Ultrasound Biomicroscopy (UBM)
2. Functional tomography (SPECT)
3. Functional and structural tomography (PET-CT)
4. High resolution CT (microCT)
5. Dual Energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA)
6. Laser Doppler Imaging (LDPI)
7. Optical Imaging (bioluminescence, 2D and tomographic 3D fluorescence)
8. Photoacoustic Imaging (PAI)
9. High Field Magnetic Resonance (MRI)
The Ultrasound Biomicroscopy operating modalities includes:
o PW Doppler Mode
o Tissue Doppler Imaging (TDI)
o LV automated analysis, blood pressure and volume
o advanced program of cardiovascular measuring
o contrast mode program of acquisition and analysis
o gas anesthesia system
o microinjection system
o animal models of human pathologies:
§ transgenic mice models
§ pharmacokinetics studies of new therapeutical agent
§ gene therapy studies
§ innovative imaging protocols development
§ new radiopharmaceuticals development for diagnostic and therapeutic use
association with CT adds anatomical information at high resolution. The scanner is equipped with a dual-ring configuration of detectors for a trans-axial
FOV of 6.7 cm and axial FOV of 4.8 cm, a laser alignment system and a software
for data acquisition, reconstruction and images visualization. The PET spatial
resolution is 1.6 mm FWHM, the CT
resolution is 200 µm.
- Explore Locus microCT is an high resolution
CT scanner (93-45-27 µm) for preclinical studies on small laboratory animals, based volumetric
cone beam CT technology.
o bone tissues pathologies (measurement of volumetric bone density and cortical bone)
o oncology (visualization of primary neoplasia and metastasis, angiogenesis evaluation)
o respiratory pathologies
o cardiovascular pathologies
o phenotyping characterization of transgenic mice models
- LUNAR PIXIMUS is a dedicated DEXA scanner for preclinical studies requiring the evaluation of the body components variations and monitoring of the potential treatments effects.
DEXA allows bone tissue analysis of the following parameters:
o BMD = Bone mineral density (g/cm2)
o BMC = Bone mineral content (g)
o B Area (cm2) and soft tissue evaluation:
and soft tissue evaluation:
o Lean (g)
o Fat (g)
o Total (g)
o % Fat
The facility is managed by a team of researchers with a wide experience in preclinical research:
- Physicists and Engineers with expertise in medical imaging
- Veterinarians with expertise in preclinical imaging and for global support of animal care and preparation of animal studies (anesthesia, interventional procedures, image acquisition and post-processing)
- Chemical and radiochemical
- Biologists and biotechnologists with expertise in molecular imaging
The facility includes also an area for housing dedicated to mice undergoing to longitudinal imaging experiments, an animal preparation/microsurgery area, and is equipped with inhalant anesthesia systems and physiologic monitoring.
For safety and operational manuals, please contact email@example.com
These sites provide information about the most relevant aspects of the general management of a modern laboratory animal facility in all its aspects, with particular attention to legislative updates, new technological developments, scientific needs of research, and alternative methods to the use of experimental animal models:
Nessun bando in corso.
Archivio Concorsi>>> (939 visite)
Nessun evento in programma.
Archivio Eventi>>> (870 visite)