1) Molecular processes responsible of DNAphotostability: photophsyics of isolated bases, including epigenetic bases.
2) Molecular processes responsible of DNAphotostability: collective photophysical processes in single and doublestrands.
3) Molecular process responsible of photodamage:photodimerization in NA
1) Quantum mechanical studies on the photophysics and the photochemistry ofnucleic acids and nucleobases R Improta, F Santoro, L Blancafort
Chemicalreviews (2016), 116, 3540-3593,
2) What makes thienoguanosine an outstanding fluorescent DNA probe?
J Kuchlyan, L Martinez-Fernandez, M Mori, K Gavvala, S Ciaco, C. Boudier, L.Richert, P. Didier, Y. Tor, R. Improta, Y. Mély
Journal of the American Chemical Society (2020), 142, 16999-17014
Comprehensive study of guanine excited state relaxation and photoreactivityin G-quadruplexes L Martinez-Fernandez, P Changenet, A Banyasz, T Gustavsson,D. Markovitsi, R. Improta The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters (2019) 10,6873-6877
4) Absorption of low-energy uv radiation by human telomere G-quadruplexesgenerates long-lived guanine radical cations A Banyasz, L Martinez-Fernandez, CBalty, M Perron, T Douki, R Improta, D. Markovitsi
|▼ Molecular dynamics simulation approach to study UV-induced DNA damage|